Friday, February 03, 2006

Day 1 ...so far

Its been quite a whirlwind, getting everything together try to make sense of what i was suppose to do. I know the schedule but it just seem to bother me that i'm not usually enjoying this trip.

Hah.

I think its all in my mind.

Anyway, as i stepped into the plane, the scent of leather hits you like a brick wall and i don't mean it in a negative way. Its nice. Whats not nice is the leg space. Makes you wonder if there was any warning sign for clusterphobic passagers. To add to that, the food are ridiculously expensive. I'll rather wait 3hrs for a better choice.

Finally did i arrive at Siem Reap at 7am (Cambodia time [-1hr]). Custom went smoothly with no hassle at all. Good thing Singaporeans don't need a visa to enter. As i stepped out of the airport, a herd of drivers were there to 'welcome' you. Well, it wasn't that bad as compared to other major cities like Hanoi or Bangkok. Maybe its also because it still too early in the morning.

Good thing about having a 5* hotel all book for your stay is that transport is all ready taken care of. Kinda cool to see a guy holding up a board with your name on it to welcome you to thier hotel like a VIP. A good 1st impression. Score point!

20mins later after i arrived and to my dismay, my room wsn't ready yet. Breakfast buffet did i hear?

An hour later, there i was, on my way to my room and behold, a room fit for a king. Damn i wish i had a partner to tag along with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home