Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Day 4

Missing the trip to the silk farm was probably a good idea at the time. Sure, the demontration of silk weaving would be intriguing. It might probably even make a good picture. But today. my priority is body maintainance. Not that i'm really tired, but waking up at 7, dragging myself out of bed, catch a motopod and be lured around for a silk tour just didn't quite fit my time off. Besides, i've already gotten the wood carving, stone chipping process right there at the Artisian Angkor. I don't think anyone wil be outraged at the miss.

Instead, my time spent staring the tele was worthwhile. So many good shows, so little time.

Noon. Enough was enough. I headed out to the Old Market to have lunch and went around snapping last minute pics for my collection. Burned 2 of my CF cards to a CD at a nearby local internat shop and voila~ 256Mb worth of free space. I don't know why, but i felt trigger happy, seeking out perfect frame work and composition to make my editor proud.

Soon it was 2pm and i rushed back to The Grand Hotel for the interview with the chef and photo shoot. Hope my photography of his food do justice. I coudn't get enough of his Sweet Prawn and Lobster Salad. Hah, free food. Of cos good lah...

A load of my chest finally when the interview ended. Mission accomplised. Now all there is left is back-up pictures of Siem Reap. Oh and shopping too of cos. Not like theres anything to buy here.. but its just irrisistable. Its not like i come to Cambodia often.

An idea struck. All this time i took either the motopod or tuk-tuk to go back and forth hotel to Old Market. This time, since i had time, i walked. Don't know about the distance, but it was quite an eye-opener with alot of thing you would normally miss while zooming pass. I even found a road side stall selling fried beetles and insects. Did i try them? I would if someone dared me. It would be a shame trying one with no one to witness it.

The day finally came to an end. I began packing my bag, wondering why it felt heavier, eagarly thinking to secretly stash the bathrobe for my vainly use at home. CSI acompanied through my night. And off into dream state soon after.

I can smell my room already...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home